Tuesday, August 5, 2008

two long months

How long would you expect a parcel to take to arrive... traveling from Canada to Australia???

Well... I can tell you that this particular package took two long months to arrive. It was mailed from Canada on June 2nd and only arrived here yesterday.

8

Inside was a doll made specially for me. She is part of the Zettified Art Swap we had in the Silly String Group at Ravelry.

1

The doll encaptures my love of family, my love of nature, and my fascination with eyelashes! There is a quote by George Cooper around the neck which says...

Hundreds of dew drops to greet the dawn.
Hundreds of bees in the purple clover.
Hundreds of butterflies on the lawn,
but only one mother the wide world over.

The doll is magnificent... and I can see why her designer was so upset when we thought the parcel might have been lost in the post. I love her. Check out the hair and the beading. The flowers are magical... and look at that bee.

6

A great big thankyou to ABitNuts. She did an amazing job.

2



6 comments:

Nathalanes Place said...

Hi, what a wonderful doll you got there. You are a very lucky swappee. Thank god your parcel finally arrived. All ends well.She's a great artist.

Sue said...

Oh it is gorgeous. Usually parcels can take that long. I received a parcel from the States last year and it took 2 long months and I thought it would never arrive. I am glad that your parcel arrived safely and she is definately a parcel worth waiting for. I love the eyelashes.

Anonymous said...

Wow . . amazing work, amazing detail, and I love the words. Glad you actually received it !

Doreen G said...

I found your blog through the op shop blog and am adding my 5 cents worth regarding the time to travel from Canada.
I have recently received a parcel from Canada that took 10 weeks--the lady had sent it surface mail instead of airmail because it was cheaper so yours was probably the same.
We thought maybe it had taken a holiday in the Bahamas or somewhere.

laughing purple goldfish said...

I know I am impatient... but two months just seemed so long. Perhaps it was accidentally sent surface mail? Ah well... she is here safe and sound, and I love her.

Unknown said...

That is so lovely :)
Angie