Thursday, August 21, 2008

a woodland in the springtime...

The awful combination of colours from yesterday are actually working up quite nicely together. Surprisingly, they have a really earthy springtime feel to them. The brown and green flecked yarns give the bag a grounded feeling... and then the pinks and yellows dance like flowers amongst them. The green hasn't quite photographed as nicely as I had hoped.

You can see that the yellow is dominating at the moment... and I really don't want it to. So when I add the trim and embellishments, I will steer away from the yellows and try to bring out the pink some more.

body

5 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

That's come up quite good. I like the yellow spaced out like that, it breaks up the other colours and gives it some freshness, yes spring time.

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks cat... so far, so good :)

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

Hey where you been? Miss your new posting. Cat.

Anonymous said...

Wow, it certainly does look very springtime. Excellent analogy and beautiful bag ! I await the embellishments :-)

Sincerely
Cristina
www.Stramenda.com

laughing purple goldfish said...

I have been without internet for days and days now.... aaarghhhh!

but lots of time for crafting...

will update soon :)