Sunday, August 3, 2008

love heart

Here's a quick little gift idea for you...

using some material from an old felted jumper

(click here for details on how to felt a jumper)

use a paper template to cut out two matching heart shapes

5

embroider details on the front of one heart...

this one I am making is part of a baby shower gift... I was going to embroider the unborn baby's name on it, as the mother is very certain about it... but I didn't know whether the name was general knowledge amongst the circle of friends, and I didn't want to spoil any surprise... so instead I embroidered the word 'love'

6

join the two hearts together, any way you please... I used single crochet with a chain in between each one, but my other favourite method is to use a blanket stitch edging

I had planned to lightly stuff the heart, but the felt which I used was so thick that I really didn't need to

8

you could also crochet a hanging loop at the top of the heart... maybe even add some dried lavender to the stuffing, and use it to scent a room... hand it on the back of the door handle, or even on a coat hanger in the closet

a really nice simple handmade gift

another idea would be to make a garland of hearts... perhaps with a child's name embroidered, one letter on each heart... or W-E-L-C-O-M-E spelled out across the hearts as a house warming gift

I made this heart to co-ordinate with the traditional teddy I made the other day

4

and presented them together as a gift for the new baby

9

3 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

What an adorable gift, you are so crafty.

Sue said...

Ooh how cute is that teddy bear. You are definately a great one for making toys. Love the little heart too, so cute.

psmflowerlady said...

What a lucky baby! T