Friday, August 8, 2008

salad bar still open

I still have so much work to do on my Salad Bar Challenge. You might remember I was given a list of 'ingredients' or body parts to include on a doll. Click here for the details.

I'm actually quite annoyed with myself. I started working on the piece at the beginning of July. I was moving ahead with it so quickly, and having so much fun with it... that I remember making a conscious effort to slow myself down so that the 'fun' would last longer!

Bad move.

I lost my inspiration.

Note to self: Do NOT stop when you are 'in the zone'... sleep is overrated... food is overrated... picking the kids up from school is overrated... When you are 'in the zone', STAY THERE!!!

The doll does not need to be mailed until mid September, but I'm keen to get moving with her. I've added a little more... mostly pinned on at this stage, until I'm more certain of where I am going.

Slow progress, but progress none-the-less!

salad bar progress

3 comments:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

I cant wait to see the finished result, looks great so far.

Myownigloo said...

She is adorable! Keep going!

laughing purple goldfish said...

thanks for the encouragement girls!