Friday, June 27, 2008

old habits die hard

At the beginning of this month, I made a commitment to finish ten of my incomplete projects. A fairly large task, but it needed to be done. I was drowning in unfinished projects. I am so very good at starting things, but really have to push myself to completion. The novelty wears off, and I'm always wanting to begin work on something new.

Waving hello to my Dad! I know you've been trying to correct this particular character flaw in me since childhood... but I think it's here to stay...

Well. I stuck it out. Of those ten projects, nine are completed. The remaining one I was unhappy with. The yarn wasn't working well with the pattern. So it has been unravelled.

Man it felt good to see the finished results. It was a relief to finally 'clear out' and unburden myself a little. Which makes my next move so inexplicable...

Yesterday I started five new projects. FIVE!!! What is with that? It's like some kind of sickness. A compulsion of sorts. When I take the reins off, I just go crazy! It's a blessing to feel so inspired, to have a head full of so many different ideas. I love the excitement and the passion, the anticipation and the drive to design. But it's all so depressing when it all turns to pot because you don't have the commitment to follow through.

I think I need an intervention...

Did I mention that four of those five projects are rag bags? Is that really necessary??? Probably not!

Well. I'll give you a sneak peek at one of them...

check rag bag  (progress)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Those colours are lovely. They work so well together!!

Aimee said...

Oh, that bag is gorgeous!!! I've been holding onto my stained tees & wondering what I should make with them. I think you've just answered that question...