Saturday, June 28, 2008

through the eyes of a child...

I'm just beginning to scratch the surface when it comes to working with recycled materials. That's one of the really fun aspects of it. There are endless possibilities out there, and experimentation costs you nothing!

Take the pepsi plarn for example. Grab a pair of scissors and a clean empty bottle. Start snipping. Go for it! What have you got to lose? Apart from your sanity

If it doesn't work out, just toss it back in the recycle bin... which is where it was going anyway. Except now it will take up a little bit less space!

Sometimes I feel as though my head is exploding with possibilities. Everything seems to have potential. But how much more is out there that I am not seeing?

Children have fabulous insight. They look at the world in an entirely different way from us. They are full of inspiration, and have no understanding of the word IMPOSSIBLE. Unless you are asking them to finish eating their vegies!

The other day Little Miss Four presented me with an empty rice cracker packet. "Here Mum" she said "You can make some plastic string from this"

At first I wondered where on earth she would come up with such a ridiculous idea. Then I had to remind myself that she had recently watched me cutting 'pepsi plarn' from an empty plastic bottle. Why would anything seem impossible after that?

So I gave it a go... using this 'no join' technique

rice cracker plarn

Not sure what direction it will take from here. I'll need to collect some more packaging first. Looks like we will be eating rice crackers here for breakfast, lunch and dinner just so Mamma can feed her latest craze.

To spin... or not to spin?

To knit... or to crochet? Maybe macrame?

Endless possibilities

No comments: