Tuesday, June 10, 2008

while the cat is away...

the mouse will play!

Mr Goldfish was away camping last week. A traditional 'boys' trip, so of course the wife and kids were left at home to fend for ourselves.

I hadn't expected to get much crafting done. But the opposite was true! I have made fabulous headway with my commitment to finish ten WIPs by the end of this month.

2008_0610bsj0007

The latest completion is this seamless baby kimono designed by fellow woolaholic Jacki. I made a few modifications to the pattern. Omitted the ties and used press studs instead. Added a single crochet border. Changed the Garter stitch edging to moss stitch. Shortened the sleeves a little.

And added a small heart embellishment. Not convinced it works entirely, so I might change that down the track. I had real trouble coming up with a feature that I liked today, so I'll look at it with fresh eyes another day.

2008_0610bsj0003

3 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely gorgeous - are you trying to convince me to have another baby as well!?

Anonymous said...

just stumbled on your post, i am quite a beginner in crochet, can't knit a stich. In the usa, are our stiches different than yours? I love this sweater, it is just gorgeous.

laughing purple goldfish said...

I use US terminolgy for my stitches

(we actually get people using both US and UK here in australia... which is very confusing at times)